TEACHING ASSISTANT VACANCY
up to 30 hours per week
To start as soon as possible Spring Term 2020
Payscale: Level 2 TA from £18,795 to £19,171 FTE
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Teaching Assistant (Level 2) for up to 30 hours per week.
Role will include:
• Predominately working in EYFS and KS1
• Working with individual children with behaviour and learning difficulties giving 1-1 support
• Supporting children with social and emotional difficulties, providing 1-1 key worker support, in class and at break and lunch times
• Supporting children with medical needs in EYFS and KS1
Experience and Skills required:
• Experience working with EYFS and KS1
• Experience working 1-1 with pupils with learning, social, emotional and behaviour needs
• Experience of working with children to accelerate progress in learning
• At least grade C GCSE in both Maths and English
• TA qualification desirable but if not, willing to do training
The successful candidate will:
• be patient, kind and understanding and be committed to our ethos of care and support for ALL children
• be able to learn quickly, take advice and direction, as well as be proactive and use initiative
• be able to work well within a team, with strong communication skills and correct use of spoken English
• be flexible and willing to support all children of different ages across the school, including at lunch times
• be committed to supporting all children to make progress
• be able to support the Christian ethos of the school
• be willing and able to make a contribution towards school life
• have full DBS clearance and meet all safeguarding checks
Teversham CE Primary School is a small friendly inclusive primary school with a strong distinctive ethos, where everyone is valued and supported to achieve their very best. If you are interested, we strongly encourage you to visit our school and meet the staff and children.
We can offer you:
• a warm, caring school with a strong, inclusive ethos where everyone in the community is valued
• a school full of happy and enthusiastic children who behave exceptionally well and are keen to learn
• a strong, caring and supportive team
• opportunities for professional development and training
• opportunity to work with experienced and skilled practitioners
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and insists on all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please ring (01223 293357) or email the office for an application pack at email@example.com. Please also visit our school website to find out more about our lovely school. www.tevershamschool.co.uk.
We would love to meet you if you are interested, so please do arrange to visit the school, meet the Headteacher and discuss the role.
DBS checks will be carried out on shortlisted applicants.
We are very keen to appoint so will interview suitable candidates as soon as possible, so please apply promptly or let us know you interested.
Starting date: as soon as possible Spring 2020